Postgraduate Program Directorate Office
The office is established as of September 2021 to facilitate and run postgraduate programs. Specifically, the office has the following responsibilities:
- Oversee, coordinate an monitor all the graduate programs of the university.
- In collaboration with respective academic units initiate and monitor the development and review of postgraduate programs and curricula.
- Follow up the students’ progress from admission to graduation.
- Create database, analyze and interpret the data on Postgraduate programs and report the results.
- Promotes graduate programs.
- Follow up the availability of all the necessary educational inputs
- Prepares capacity building programs for postgraduate students and staff.
- Checks graduation requirements in addition to requirements already set by the respective departments.
- Works, in collaboration with academic units, to fulfill qualified staff for graduate programs.
- Coordinate multi-disciplinary postgraduate programs
At university level we have successfully accomplished curriculum validation workshop to launch 13 areas of specialization in regular and extension (weekend) programs in 2021/22 academic calendar.
Currently available areas of specialization at master’s level;
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
- Sc. in Accounting & Finance
- MA in Teaching English as Foreign Language (TEFL)
- MA in Urban & Regional Planning
- Sc. in Environmental and Natural Resource Management
- MA in Counseling Psychology
- MA in Developmental Psychology
- MA in Special Needs and Inclusive Psychology
- MA in Educational Planning & Management (EDPM)
- Sc. in Ecology and Systematic Zoology
- Sc. in Numerical Analysis
- Sc. in Watershed Management
- Sc. in Soil Science