Objectives of Education Quality Assurance, Enhancement and Auditing Directorate
The directorate is working to achieve the following objectives.
- To ensure quality education in Injibara University.
- To improve the input qualities such as staff -student ratio, the quality of teaching staff, curriculum and learning resources
- To enhance the process qualities of the university
- To analyze how the input variables are organized and interact
The directorate has the following core activities.
- Identifying training needs and organize training interventions to meet quality standards;
- Facilitate various short-term and long-term trainings to teachers.
- Assist academic units to employ appropriate teaching, learning and assessment methods;
- Facilitating the functioning of exam banks within every colleges;
- Check the quality of course guidebooks/course outline in line with the given standard;
- Facilitate academic units to document student progress and to improve student retention and achievement;
- Collect data and analyze it to identify areas of improvement in the quality education continuously;
- Establishing complete quality assurance structure at both college and department levels;
- Documentation and dissemination of data related to the quality of teaching learning and assessment;
- Audit the quality of teaching-learning, research and community service activities at the university level.
- Evaluate the institution at least once every year with a view to ensuring whether the institution is up to standard, and document, communicate its findings to relevant stakeholders including HERQA;
- Prepare self-assessment document of the university
- Invite HERQA to check and publish the evaluation document of the university;
- Standardize curriculum, assessments, input (class room facilities, libraries, workshops, laboratories, etc…);
- Follow up the practicality or implementation of recommendations made by other external quality agency bodies;
- Support the teaching-learning and assessment to be high quality, relevant and up to the standard;
- Evaluate the relevance and quality of different programs and academic units of the university, and upon the finding suggest appropriate measures to be taken;
- Issue policies, guidelines in line with the standards of input-process-outputs of teaching learning and assessment;
- Supervise the standards and competence of the institution and its programs;
- Design strategies for the progress evaluation of the curriculum in all programs;
- Conduct course auditing in every semester; and customer satisfaction survey annually;